Sailor Circus Academy
At 65 years old, Sailor Circus Academy is America’s oldest youth circus with more than 1 million spectators throughout its history attending annual youth productions. Sailor Circus Academy is an after-school training program for students aged 8-18 who develop life management skills, gain self-discipline and bolster confidence and a commitment to achievement, all in a circus atmosphere.
The Education Program
Circus, being unique, visual and exciting, offers a solid foundation for learning:
- Provides all students with a safe learning environment that encourages creativity
- Introduces students of all learning levels and learning styles to the circus arts and sciences
- Helps students recognize the importance of science, technology and mathematics through the circus arts
- Provides all students with a kinesthetic interdisciplinary learning experience
- Teaches elementary students that there are alternative creative combinations that can be used to meet various goals and challenges
- Engages students that have difficulty responding to other traditional forms of instruction.
The Humor Therapy Program
The Humor Therapy program powerfully impacts the lives of those in hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities and adult care centers with the talents of professional clowns, entertainers, musicians and trained volunteers. The age-old art of clowning sets the stage for therapeutic interaction and reaches far beyond simple entertainment to foster meaningful relationships that bring joy and improve the quality of life for others in need.