Cirque des Voix ®: Circus of the Voices Highlights Music of Film Composer Danny Elfman, Showcases Outstanding Circus Artistry
Vocal vivacity combines with timeless circus elegance in The Circus Arts Conservatory (CAC) and Key Chorale’s Cirque des Voix ®: Circus of the Voices, a one-of-a-kind experience for audiences of all ages.
The CAC is nearing a decade of collaboration with Key Chorale, where over 100 voices fill the Big Top accompanied by the 40-piece Cirque Orchestra. Circus artists of both local and global acclaim will dazzle audiences with their unique skills in musical piece after piece. This year’s performances feature the music of composer Danny Elfman, highlighting pieces from his extensive catalog of scores from film, television and more. Elfman has scored for some of the most recognizable names in pop culture, including Batman , The Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Spider-Man , and Alice in Wonderland . His frequent collaborations with director Tim Burton have made him instantly recognizable in the eyes and ears of millions of people around the world.
“This year’s show is really a departure for us musically as we focus on the great film scores of Danny Elfman and others. In movies today, the music is as much of the story telling as the stories themselves. I can’t imagine the great films of Tim Burton without Elfman’s dark, dramatic
and unique music,” said Joseph Caulkins, Key Chorale Artistic Director. “In Cirque des Voix, the music and the act combine into one art form – each enhancing the other to where you can’t imagine the act without the music or vice versa. Other composers that will be featured include John Williams, Carl Orff and Ludwig van Beethoven.
An incredible array of international circus artists accent these incredible pieces:
● Blake Wallenda will stun audiences on the high wire as the musical suite from Batman is played
● Back by popular demand, fire twirler Matuni Vaiaoga, Jr. will juggle flames accented by the classic Duel of the Fates from Star Wars
● Kevin Sadrak and his incredible contortion will inspire shock and awe as he flexes his body in unbelievable ways to the theme from Beetlejuice
● Olga Coronas , joined by two of her Sailor Circus students, exudes grace and beauty on the aerial silks as music from Edward Scissorhands plays
● Duo Abramov will dazzle on the Aerial Perch as music from Dark Shadows is played
● Harlequin juggler Vladimir Tsarkov will amuse and amaze audiences to music from Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure
● Samantha Pitard presents a whimsical hair hang/lire routine to a theme from Alice in Wonderland
This is a show like no other – and one audiences won’t soon forget. Performances are Friday, March 23 – Sunday, March 25, 2018. Tickets for Cirque des Voix ® are $20-$55 with children under 2 free. To purchase tickets in advance, please go online to CircusArts.org/BuyTickets, visit
the Big Top Box Office in Nathan Benderson Park behind the Mall at UTC, or call 941.355.9805. Box Office hours are 9AM-5PM weekdays and 9AM-1PM on Saturdays.
About The Circus Arts Conservatory
The Circus Arts Conservatory, Sarasota is home to world-class performances, excellence in training the circus arts,
and community based education and humor therapy outreach programs. The organization was born from decades
of circus history and today serves as a legacy to those that have set the standards for international circus artistry
and athleticism. The Circus Arts Conservatory is a 501(c)(3) non-profit educational performing arts organization,
whose extraordinary mission underscores its commitment to sharing the entertainment, education and enrichment
of the circus arts.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!