Create a circus at school for an entire grade level! The Circus Arts Conservatory’s professional Teaching Artists work closely with classroom teachers and students to develop circus acts to rehearse and present either at school or, for that true circus look and feel, at the Sailor Circus Arena.
- Ideal for, but not limited to grades 1 – 5
- The CAC teaching artists and classroom teachers collaborate with students in building their own circus performance. The students must plan, rehearse, and present their own circus show
- Students develop individual leadership, planning, and decision-making skills
- Working in groups, students gain experience in teamwork
- In taking turns performing and evaluating performances, students learn to respect the work of other children and express critical thinking
- Students experience the thrill and often conquer fears of working in a circus ring in front of family and friends