Circus, a beautiful art form of movement and skill, is also a great lesson in physics. This series of one-hour activities, provided by The Circus Arts Conservatory, is designed to provide interactive, hands-on experiences to reinforce basic concepts in physical science for the elementary student. Using the theme of circus acts and their corresponding physics, the lessons are real-world based. The students work in collaborative groups and develop a 3-ring science presentation that strengthens their understanding of the laws of motion.
- Ideal for, but not limited to grades K-8
- Real-world based projects translate and reinforce basic science concepts
- Designed for elementary students to work collaboratively in groups
- Through the presentation process, students’ scientific understanding is strengthened
- Programs available for both in-school exploration and off-campus exploration in The Circus Arts Conservatory’s Sailor Circus Arena